20+ Life Lessons We Should Learn Before We Turn 35
We’ve been living such busy lives that we seldom stop to smell the roses along the way. As we turn 30, we spend the rest of our lives fulfilling responsibilities and care little about our own journies. Such self-care begins with accepting oneself, cherishing our experiences, and learning the lessons of life along the way.
So, Bright Side compiled the most essential life lessons for you before you turn 3 decades and a half to make your life go a little easier on you.
- Do the work that feeds your soul, pursue your passion.
- Every experience happens for a reason, so go through what you go through.
- It’s okay to be alone sometimes — it gives you more time to ponder on life and the things around you.
- If you’re doubtful of things not working out in the end, understand the why of what made you begin in the first place. This why drives you to achieve what you want.
- Don’t pursue happiness, pursue learning and experience — happiness will find you.
- Your thoughts create the world around you and you attract what you are, so always be the energy you want to receive.
- Stop the blame game, it’s all about choices. Learn to take responsibility for your actions.
- Trust what your intuition nudges you to do. If it tells you to read a book or visit a place, do it. When you follow your intuition, it leads you to the right path.
- The world keeps changing moment by moment, so learn to realign and make the most of the transitions.
- Fear is just your ego trying to protect you. Sometimes you should just dive right in and let faith rule you instead.
- Stop comparing yourself to others by how happy they look on social media. Your life is perfect. Remember, no one showcases their failures.
- Let go of controlling every aspect of your life. This helps the abundance to flow through you.
- Real friends always show up during the ups and downs of life. Cherish them.
- Say the magic words like “thank you,” “please,” and “I love you” often.
- Laugh your heart out. It doesn’t matter who is around you, let your laughter heal you from the inside out.
- Sometimes, it’s okay to be vulnerable. You don’t have to put your guard down all the time, but doing so at the right time creates a cherishable bond with the people you meet.
- Keep realigning your life to a healthier lifestyle. Your body and mind will thank you later.
- Your life is your house, every action you take is a brick. What you choose to do daily determines what your house will be like. Choose wisely.
- Bragging about lack of sleep will do you no good. It proves that your life is a mess and that you have an unsustainable way of living. Know that life is more about the journey and is not a race.
- It’s not about being a know-it-all. What truly matters is how you listen and the value you’ll add in their lives.
- Not everything should be about money, but having financial independence really sets you free.
- Last, but not least, your 30s is a phase where you may face the most drastic of transitions. Your friends get married, your parents get old, and a lot more. While this may seem like a lot, never forget to cherish every loving relationship that means the world to you.
Do you have your own set of lessons you’ve learned through the journey of life? We’d love to know. Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Preview photo credit Reader / The Weinstein Company