20 Smart Designs Every City Needs to Have ASAP
Making plans and bringing them to life is every designer’s goal. Whether it’s about helping the Earth and fighting pollution or making traffic more bearable, every town needs things that will make every day more practical.
Bright Side has collected some of the most innovative plans and objects that you’d probably love to see wherever you live.
1. Composter for dog poop
2. LED traffic lights, so that no one will be able to miss the signal
3. Bicycle escalator, to help cyclists go up steep hills
4. Trash can with bottle rack
5. This design for easily accessible priority seats in Scotland
6. Benches that can turn into tables
7. A ramp, so that ducks can get into the water easily
8. “The Green Man Plus” — Gives seniors and handicapped people a longer time to cross the road by just tapping a card.
9. A wheelchair access mat at the beach
10. Bike ramps, to help you climb up the stairs without having to lift your bike
11. A button on a crosswalk to signal the bus to wait for you
12. A stand for bikers to hold on to while waiting for traffic lights
13. Speeding ticket robot
14. Help when walking with high heels on metal grate
15. Bench with instructions for exercises you can do on it
16. “A water fountain that tells you how many bottles you have saved by using it”
17. “Women only parking spaces, Germany”
18. Foot-operated hand sanitizer on the streets
19. A pay phone booth converted into a defibrillator station
20. A tiny water fountain for dogs
Is there a design in your city that you think should be implemented everywhere? Maybe you have your own idea for making things more practical?